Edie Sedgwick: What, when we’re dead?
Andy Warhol: Yeah.
Edie Sedgwick: Well I think people will talk about how you changed the world.
Andy Warhol: I wonder what they’ll say about you… in your obituary. I like that word.
Edie Sedgwick: Nothing nice, I don’t think.
Andy Warhol: No no, come on. They’d say, “Edith Minturn Sedgwick: beautiful artist and actress…
Edie Sedgwick: …and all around loon.
Andy Warhol: …Remembered for setting the world on fire…
Edie Sedgwick: …and escaping the clutches of her terrifying family…
Andy Warhol: …Made friends with eeeeverybody, and anybody…
Edie Sedgwick: …creating chaos and uproar wherever she went. Divorced as many times as she married, she leaves only good wishes behind.
Edie Sedgwick: That’s nice, isn’t it?” —(via ekline)
1. This is the best site that I have ever spent a part of my life on.
2. There are actual bloggers on this website. But shh, they’re supposed to be a secret.
3. Photos get more reblogs and likes than Text posts. Forever.
4. When you reblog, saying “THIS.” and “Oh My God” are two appropriate responses.
5. Tumblarity is a fickle whore that will let you fuck her good, but won’t let you get a nut.
6. LOLCats make the world a better place.
7. Using the Greater than sign > Not using the Greater than sign.
8. “I’m crying, I’m dying, rotflmfaoooooooo.”
9. Tumblr has no private messaging system, but AIM/YIM/MSN is a good substitute.
10. You must have a degree in grammar to post on Tumblr or else people will not take you seriously at all.
11. If it exists, it has a FuckYeah.
12. We all live in the 90’s and we blame time for changing that.
13. “Post in my Formspring so you can be all anonymous and say dirty things even though I know you on Tumblr but I don’t know who you are.”
14. We hate hipsters. …wait, what is a hipster?
15. Being gay is cool and acceptable, but if you don’t agree 100% with this, you are the reincarnation of Hitler. Just so you know.
16. “FFFFFUUUUU” is an emotion.
17. The original 151 Pokemon will always be better than the rest of the other Pokemon in our minds.
18. You can talk to the coolest, most down to earth, most amazing people ever here. The only thing is that they’re like 400 miles away from you.
19. “You will never be a quality poster.”
20. You should never say you hate your mom and dad! They gav u lif!!!
21. TheDailyWhat is to Tumblr like CNN is to real life.
22. You can find yourself by actually blogging your hopes, dreams, ambitions, and fears. …but if it’s too long, no one will ever know.
23. Nutella is life.
24. Reblog if this is an oversaturated cliché.
25. Tumblr is the 16th page of /b/. It’s the pet semetary for memes.
26. Miley Cyrus is a slut because… she just is ok?
27. The Chat button is the most useless feature ever, until you get a AIM account and people to talk to.
28. “I have [insert food here]! OM NOM NOM!!!”
29. My Life Is Average puts a magical aspect in Tumblr.
30. Wyoming never did, and never will exist in this spectral plane.
31. If you need an album, Tumblr always comes through
32. People like people that STFU and post pretty pictures.
33. Less Tumblarity = More of a real life.
34. More Tumblarity = Bitch, don’t hate me because post things and people like them.
35. Yoshi from Mario was a girl.
36. It is a law in the internet that when people refresh Tumblr around their parents, porn shows up.
37. Bulbasaur was never cool.
38. When you read it, you’ll shit brix.
39. People will take beautifully written creepypasta stories as actual fact.
40. If you have sunglasses on, and we can see your top teeth, we will reblog and say “DAT ASS.”
41. You will never sleep upon entering this site.
42. There was never a log out button, you just press X.
43. Pedobear is our mascot.
44. *Kanye shrug*
45. Dashboard Coincidences are made of the tears of some divine figure.
46. Pokemon is SRS BSNS.
47. Memes never get old here because they’ve died and Tumblr is heaven and hell at the same time.
48. TyPiiiNq LyK DiiS WiiLl GeT YuU UnFoLLoWeD QuiiK.
49. Search your name on Tumblr, see who reblogged and talked about you.
50. Despite what anyone says, this is a good website with good people, and I’m lucky to spend my time here. Almost all of you are amazing and I would love to spend at least one day in real life with you all.
We are not born bitter; we become bitter, more likely after a sour relationship that left us with a bad taste in our mouths. We were all optimists once, believing that we only date women we are in love with, but we quickly came to terms with reality. If the love you had has become a fleeting emotion, it was never really love to begin with. And what happens? We stop believing it ever really existed.
End result? We stay in relationships that can be summed up as good enough, meaning it has enough elements that justify continuing the relationship despite the fact that we don’t have a glitter in our eyes when we talk about her, and our heart doesn’t skip a beat when we receive a call from her. Basically, we stay in relationships for too long, even though there isn’t an iota of passion between us. Are we so afraid of being alone that we would sacrifice something that would obviously make us happy, for a person we merely get along with?
How do we know that a certain woman is pulling at our heartstrings?
Passion. Isn’t that a word in the dictionary? Doesn’t it mean: a powerful emotion, such as love, joy, hatred, or anger? Isn’t it something that refers to what Romeo and Juliet once had? How many of us have ever felt it? Not many. Remember, I am talking about passion, not lust.
Passion expresses itself in the weirdest of ways, but it can be summarized like this: if you tremble when you are close to her, then you are feeling the effects of passion (unless you are just an incredibly shy guy). If you get into a fight, say the cruelest things in the world, and end up sharing a kiss that could make the world stop, then passion is there.
If your goodbye kisses are but simple pecks on the cheek or lips, devoid of any emotion, then your relationship has no passion. If you can sleep well at night, despite having a major fight with your significant other, then passion is non-existent.
Unfortunately boys, this isn’t something we can pick up at the nearest grocery store; it’s either there or it’s not. And since so few of us have never experienced passion, we don’t believe it exists. People who are passionate love hard, hate hard, and have a joy for living others can only envy.
I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that true love does exist; the bad news is that it is as unlikely to occur as seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone appear in a remake of Thelma & Louise.
The Beatles had a moderately successful career (an understatement if there ever was one) singing about love, as almost every one of their tunes broached the subject and became a Top 10 hit. Did they know something we didn’t, or were they referring to it in the same way New Age artists refer to the mythical rising Phoenix?
Of course not. The lesson we have to take from this is simple: love is out there, somewhere in this dark, lonely world, but don’t bet the farm on finding it.
You can’t go around looking for love, it just happens the same way you reach puberty: unexpectedly and painfully. Almost everyone who has fallen in love (again, I’m referring to the I’d give up my right kidney kind of love) has said it came out of the blue, having caught them off guard. You can find it today, or you could have missed it yesterday, forever.
Everyone falls in love at least once in their lives; before they become bitter, divorced, and join support groups. Too often, it happens when they are too young to realize its grace and beauty, and before they become suspicious of anything too good to be true.